(message from the national Palestine Solidarity Campaign)
‘The terrible news has come that Israeli Forces killed at least 20 Palestinians overnight. This followed the failure of the negotiations, due in large part to Israel’s unwillingness to end the blockade and allow the building of new facilities in Gaza. Reports are that more than 2,000 Palestinians have now been killed.’
An emergency protest has been called for this Saturday:
Saturday 23 August, 12.30-3pm
Outside Downing Street, London (nearest tube: Westminster)
Mass Lobby of Parliament for Gaza on September 9th
- 12-2pm – Briefings at Westminster Cathedral Hall, Ambrosden Avenue, just off Victoria St, London
- 2-4pm – Lobby of MPs, committee room 11, House of Commons, London
- 6-8pm – Evening Rally for Palestine, House of Commons.
We need everyone possible to come to Parliament on Tuesday 9 September to tell MPs that we want:
- An immediate and permanent lifting of the blockade on Gaza, allowing free movement of people, goods and humanitarian aid
- An end to UK-Israel arms trade and military collaboration with Israel
- Sanctions against Israel until it abides by international and respects Palestinian human rights
We’ve had an incredible response to the Lobby with 349 MPs – well over half – already contacted by their constituents to say they are coming. Please write to your MP today, using our email tool, urging them to meet you in Parliament on Tuesday 9 September.